web stats

Friday, March 17, 2006

Honesty is the Best Policy

As Homer Simpson once said: "You know me Marge, I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaming."

And I like my Christians evangelical.

That is why Jerry Falwell is such a breath of fresh air. He isn't afraid to tell it how it is. I respect a man who stands up for his convictions.

Earlier today, reports began circulating across the globe that I have recently stated that Jews can go to heaven without being converted to Jesus Christ. This is categorically untrue.

You see, he doesn't tip-toe around on broken egg shells. You don't have to read anything in to what he says. There are no secret meanings or double entendres.

While I am a strong supporter of the State of Israel and dearly love the Jewish people and believe them to be the chosen people of God, I continue to stand on the foundational biblical principle that all people — Baptists, Methodists, Pentecostals, Jews, Muslims, etc. — must believe in the Lord Jesus Christ in order to enter heaven.

Uh oh, I was worried there for a second. The opening of that sentence is a little too "Jesus loves you" for me. You know what I mean. Those people who go around saying "love the sinner, hate the sin". Give me a break. If God is willing to punish them in hell for all eternity without any chance of redemption, then why would hating them be any worse. In fact, I would much prefer to be hated here on earth than to burn in hell for eternity. I consider hate to be step up from eternal damnation. Besides, we all know that hate is more of a motivator than love. The carrot can't dangle in front of us without the stick.

In this age of political correctness and diversity, the traditional evangelical belief that salvation is available only through faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ is often portrayed as closed-minded and bigoted. But if one is to believe in Jesus Christ, he must believe in His words: “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father but by Me” (John 14:6). I simply cannot alter my belief that Jesus is The Way to heaven, as He taught.

Thank you for addressing my concerns above. Yes, it's about time we stop caving in to political correctness and diversity. As painful as it may be, the closed-minded and bigoted truth must be told.

I want to reaffirm that I am a Zionist in terms of Israel’s entitlement to its homeland. I continue to pray daily for the peace of Jerusalem, as the Bible instructs Christians to do. And I have dedicated my life and ministry to working for the peace of Israel. I dearly cherish the highly esteemed Jabotinsky Award which was given me in 1981 by Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin. I have led thousands of pilgrims through the Land Of Israel during my 31 tours over 36 years. I seriously believe that few Americans have invested more time and resources in the defense of Israel in this generation.

You're backsliding again Jerry. There is no need to defend your beliefs, you have Jesus on your side. Whether you are helping pilgrims steal land from Palestinians or stealing money from little old ladies sitting in front of their TVs, your message is pure.

However, I simply cannot alter my deeply-held belief in the exclusivity of salvation through the Gospel of Christ for the sake of political or theological expediency.

Like the Apostle Paul, I pray daily for the salvation of everyone, including the Jewish people.

Can I get a hallelujah? And nice touch "including the Jewish people", because it does seem like we sometimes forget that Jews are people too.

We need more Christians like Jerry if we are going to win the religious arms race. For God's sake, Muslims are willing to kill themselves for their beliefs. That must be some marketing campaign. How are we going to keep up with that unless we start promoting all the good things that Jesus has to offer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home