web stats

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Laughter is the Best Medicine

I hate to toot my own horn here, but I have recently started another blog called The Atheist Comedian, in an effort to fight the stereotype of the "angry atheist", one joke at a time. There will be various bits, such as my first post imitating a hacky stand-up comedian throwing out one-liners faster than a retired general can turn against the war. I also plan to do weekly updates on current news topics, similar to what you might find on SNL's Weekend Update or a Leno/Letterman monologue. And of course, there may be just a few religious casualties along the way.

So if you feel like a quick laugh, please stop on by. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I'd like to thank Rabbi Gellman for inspiring me to start this new blog. You're right Rabbi, it's time to stop being so angry and have a little fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger vjack said...

I thought George Carlin was the atheist comedian? Seriously, I'll have to check it out. It is sometimes hard to find humor in all of this, but we have to do so.

I am loving Point of Inquiry, BTW.

Wed May 24, 07:33:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Bruce said...

Hey vjack. Yeah, I'm definitely not as funny as Carlin, so maybe I'm the Atheist Comedian's Apprentice?

Yes, Point of Inquiry is great! For anyone else interested in listening to such people as Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, Susan Jacoby, Paul Kurtz, Bill Nye, Eugenie Scott and other prominent Free Thinkers, check out the podcasts at http://www.pointofinquiry.org/.

Wed May 24, 05:16:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home