Religious Right Pussies
“Legally, marriage is the state’s way of protecting children by ensuring that whenever possible they are raised by their own mother and father,” said Lavy. “Because same-sex couples can’t procreate, this vital state interest is not advanced by handing out marriage licenses to same-sex couples. The court declined to address this issue because the attorney general specifically refused to make the argument.”
So you really think you are "protecting children" by denying gays the right to marriage? Do you think the American public is that stupid? Do you really think we can't see through your constant pandering to the gay agenda? We didn't die fighting for our freedom to protect children (or at least Jesus didn't) so that you can give them away to any Tom, Dick and Harry.
Let me set you straight. Ever notice that a lot of gays used to be married and have kids? Ever notice that some states allow gays to be foster parents or even adopt children? Ever notice that lesbians can have children of their own through artificial insemination? Surely you are aware that gays are teaching our children in our schools? Does gay marriage have anything to do with these issues at all? NO! Denying gays the right to marry will not stop gays from raising children in their homes or teaching them in our schools. It's time you got serious about "protecting children" and start focusing on the real gay issues in this country:
- To protect children, we need to remove all gay teachers from our schools. Next to parents, teachers are the biggest influence on our children. Even if gay teachers don't discuss their sexuality with their students, gay can still be transmitted subliminally.
- For the sake of the children, we need to keep homosexuals from adopting or even foster-parenting children. Why would we willingly allow gays to raise children? That's like throwing Christians to the lions.
- For the well-being of children everywhere, we need to either remove children from households with a gay person or remove the gay person from the household. If one parent is gay, give sole custody to the non-gay parent and put a restraining order on the gay parent. If both parents are gay, put the children under the State's protective custody until a suitable heterosexual married coupled can be found. If an older child is gay, emancipate him/her immediately and remove him/her from the household (what teenager doesn't dream of being free from their parents control anyway?).
- For the benefit of children everywhere, artificial insemination should be limited to married couples who can vouch for their heterosexuality with either a note from their clergyman or video tape evidence.
- Due to certain recent events in Congress, it is my opinion that we need to make heterosexuality a requirement to hold office or at the least, deny homosexual congressmen Internet access.